- Individualized writing help with any papers in 80+ disciplines.
- Starting at $10/page
- 100% original papers
- The academic help service where you can choose your own writer.
- Starting at $10/page
- Complete control over your order
- Excellent essays with full customization and quality control.
- Starting at $10/page
- 66 disciplines and 5 educational levels to choose from
- Top-notch papers by skilled writers available 24/7.
- Starting at $15/page
- The shortest deadline is just 4 hours
- Professional assistance with STEM tasks of any difficulty.
- Starting at $28.50/task
- 98.35% of assignments delivered on time
Students are routinely given research essays as assignments. If you have just received one during your ecology class, do not worry or feel overwhelmed. As tough as this task may seem at first, especially with your seniors probably scaring you further, it can actually be enjoyable if you know how to write this type of essay. In fact, you will learn the essential skills of gathering accurate information, analyzing it, and finally presenting it in a clear and coherent manner. These skills will last you a lifetime, and will help you impress your future employers.
So, now that we have your attention, it is time for you to learn how to write a research essay on behavioral ecology or a similar course. Following this guide will save you hours of annoyance if you have left things to the last minute.
Planning Your Research Essay
This is the stage where you should plan which topic you want to research and write about. If you have been assigned a topic, plan out your research process. Lookup authoritative resources relevant to your topic and make a list of the ones you will use. You can usually find all pertinent information online. If you have trouble finding resources and facts, ask your instructor for help.
If you still feel a little lost when it comes to research, here are the best sources to start your search:
- Online reference materials/database that your school has access to.
- Reputable magazines (Time, Maclean’s, National Geographic, Newsweek).
- The International Public Library.
- Periodicals (MagPortal.com).
- Newspapers (OnlineNewspapers.com).
- Online dictionary and encyclopedia (Answers.com).
- Major International News Sources (The Washington Post, New York Times, USA Today).
Determining the Scope and Research Question
If the given topic is too broad, you should narrow your scope down and focus on a specific question/issue in your research. Trying to write on a broad behavioral ecology topic will be difficult.
Creating an Outline for Your Research Essay
You should make a rough outline once you have finalized the scope. The outline should include three main components: an introduction, the body of the essay (include several strong arguments in this section), and a conclusion. Here is what your instructor will expect in each of these parts:
Tired of all the guides and never-ending instructions?
- Introduction – The introductory paragraph will contain the topic of your research and the thesis/question you are going to address in the essay. Also write the objective or purpose in this section. Give the reader an overview of what our essay addresses in the body. If you want, you can also include the reason you chose the particular topic. Finally, state the method/approach you have used to conduct the research.
- Body – This section is the main portion where you write strong supporting arguments in favor of your research thesis. Try to include three or more supporting statements. Be sure to back up each assertion with accurate facts or statistics. To create a great research essay on behavioral ecology, start out with a strong argument, move on to the second strongest one next, and then finally end the body by making the strongest argument. However, you need to support your claims with good research and concrete facts. Make sure to use an authoritative source to lend sufficient credence to your thesis.
- Conclusion – In this section, provide an overview of your arguments and then restate your overall thesis. You should provide a concise and clear sentences stating why you have reached the particular conclusion.
So, now that writing a research paper does not seem too hard, begin planning your assignment before the deadline wreaks havoc on your mind and renders you unable to submit a great essay on time.
To help you with your essay we’ve also composed a list of 12 facts on behavioral ecology for research essay as well as our 20 topics and 1 sample essay on the subject.