Students are often asked to write an essay devoted to nutrition. There are a great number of nutrition essay topics. Nowadays, it’s not an easy task to write a nutrition essay. The Internet is full of information, and it’s difficult to find something really worthy, essential, 100% accurate, and useful. It’s very important to find a topic that is unique and informative.
Of course, an essay must be supported by a strong idea and facts. It’s also important to show that you possess some specific information on the subject but not only general one. It’s necessary to follow all university requirements while writing a nutrition essay.
Remember 4 main writing styles:
If you know nothing about them, then learn more about these styles first in case you don’t want to lose points because of format mistakes.
When you use false information, you can fail the task. That’s why you should check the information you are going to use in your work.
10 Verified Facts You Can Reflect in Your Nutrition Essay
- Eye health depends not only on person’s age, time spent in front of a laptop, iPhone, tablet, and conditions at a person’s working place like light and distance between eyes and documents. The key to eye health is also good nutrition. The most important elements for human eyes are lutein, zeaxanthin, Vitamin C, Zinc, Omega 3, Vitamin E, and fatty acids – EPA and DHA. Lutein and zeaxanthin partially help protect eyes from blue light and macular oxidative harm. Omega 3 improves tears and eye retina. DHA and EPA acids help people above 45 protect eyes from aging. Zinc, Vitamins E and C work as eye cellular membrane’s
- When a person wants to lose some weight, it’s very important to find a diet that won’t spoil the health state. It’s especially essential for people who have eye problems. Professionals consider colorful diet to be the best one. Due to it, a person consumes a great variety of fruit and vegetables. The orange day can contain carrot, and a green day may include spinach. They improve eye health because they have much zeaxanthin and lutein.
- Human brains contain fat, 10-20 percent of which is provided by Omega 3. Scientists differentiate between several main types of Omega 3.
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid): fatty fish, eggs, algae, and fish oil;
- ALA (alpha-linolenic acid): plant oils.
Lack of Omega 3 fats can lead to serious health and mental complications like low IQ, mental problems, depression, cardiovascular diseases, and a great number of others.
Tired of all the guides and never-ending instructions?
- Vitamin D is vitally important for people. As a rule, human organism gets it through the skin. The main source of vitamin D is the sun rays. Unfortunately, most people use protecting creams or stay at home when there is much sun outside. That’s why people should consume one tablespoon of cod liver oil or some Vitamin D supplement. If a body lacks vitamin D, a person can suffer osteoporosis, cancer, diabetes, and many other health problems.
- Scientists can’t completely prove whether carbs and fats are harmful to the human organism or not. The fact is that refined carbs are more harmful than unrefined ones. Whole-grain cereals, fruits, vegetables, and beans contain enough unrefined carbs and refined flour, and sugar contains many refined carbs. When a person keeps to a high-carb diet, the organism can lack a great number of nutritious things like fiber. While eating too many refined carbs a person can have high blood sugar. That can provoke diabetes, obesity, and other diseases.
- It’s impossible to fulfill the body with vitamins and minerals due to supplements. A person should vary meals to avoid a great number of various diseases. The exception is Vitamin D because not everyone can stand the impact of sun rays, like albinos.
- Diets are not effective. If a person stops eating some food for a period, the body considers it as starving. When a person returns to usual meals, the body tries to restore the lost elements and a person can gain more kilos than before the diet. That’s why it’s important to change a lifestyle. When a person leads a normal way of life, the body gets everything it requires and doesn’t try to restore the lost elements together with weight.
- Women who eat healthily can also suffer nausea, constipation, and heartburn. However, proper nutrition can ease the symptoms.
- A pregnant woman mustn’t eat “for two” as the myth says. It’s necessary to add 300 calories daily during the second and the third trimester to have enough nutrition.
- A mother-to-be should get 75-100 grams of protein, 1000 milligrams of Calcium, 27 milligrams of Iron, 600 to 800 micrograms of Folic Acid, and 85 milligrams of Vitamin C daily. She also must avoid badly cooked meals not to get salmonella, toxoplasmosis, and other bad bacteria.
The chosen topic must be good and lack investigation so that a student could show personal opinion.
- Husband-Coached Childbirth by Robert Bradley, M.D., Marjie Hathaway, Jay Hathaway, James Hathaway . http://www.bradleybirth.com/Diet.aspx
- Kris Gunnars, BS. Top 10 Nutrition Facts That Everyone Agrees on, March 27. 2018 https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-10-nutrition-facts#section4
- Parent Tips. Use the Nutrition Facts Label. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/wecan/downloads/nutritionlabel.pdf