Teachers worldwide have started being afraid of modern technology. The first teacher robot appeared in 2010. Its invention became a start for the development of similar technology that can equal the glory of the greatest artificial teacher at the beginning of the 21st century. The famous Bina48 is based on artificial intelligence and memories of her protégé Bina Rothblatt. Moreover, she can connect to the Internet to get the desired information. She was the first robot to teach a course at a college. It gave the basis for fears and worries among educators. Will robots really replace human tutors?
Today, many colleges use robots that assist teachers in everyday classes. They can answer simple questions, tell students how to structure an essay on computer technology, or show a projection to visualize and explain some topics. Boe-bots, advanced toolkits, and humanoids simplify the teaching process. Boe-bots help students perform simple projects and program their robots and computer programs. Mini-robots with advanced toolkits are useful in computer sciences and robotics delivery. A humanoid is the best teaching variant for students. It was made to resemble a human body. For example, a successful combination of digital storytelling and a robot that performs it lets teachers explain the topic easier because today’s generation likes computers and everything related to technology.
The use of robots in education has its advantages and disadvantages. The main benefit is that students get an excellent opportunity to master technological skills that are so required in the XXI century. Moreover, most robots have installed artificial intelligence that has access to the Internet and updated sources. Thanks to that, students do not risk getting expired facts. Besides, they can project a good computer technology essay sample anywhere to demonstrate proper formatting, in-text citing, footnotes, and such peculiarities as the idea presented in the first, second or third person opinion. Such inventions are cost-effective because they do not demand salaries, except for frequent charges.
The most significant disadvantage of robot teachers is their disability in understanding the emotions of students. A lack of humanity and feelings can become a barrier to communication. Students can have financial or family problems and fail their assignments. Teachers often give their students a second chance to improve their ratings. They also help shy students overcome their fears. To make robots teach well, colleges should guarantee adequate servicing, including stable Internet connection, software security, and flawless electricity. Another disadvantage is the inability of robots to select creative methods to clear out details and help students comprehend complex issues such as essay writing, grammar, and problem-solving.
Tired of all the guides and never-ending instructions?
To conclude, the educational system can benefit and lose from the use of robots instead of teachers. On the one hand, it can reduce the cost and provide a teacher who can be taught per few upgrading procedures instead of five years of a college education. On the other hand, sensitive students and extroverts might not be willing to collaborate with an emotionless robot. Geniuses can fail because of silly misunderstandings that can irreversibly ruin students’ lives. Technology won’t replace teachers, but teachers who use technology will probably replace teachers who do not.
- “Advanced Practice Toolkit.” Health Education England, 16 June 2021, www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/advanced-clinical-practice/advanced-clinical-practice-toolkit.
- Dam, Deblina. “Can Robots Replace Teachers in Colleges and Universities?” Toronto School of Management, 9 Aug. 2019, www.torontosom.ca/blog/can-robots-replace-teachers-in-colleges-and-universities.
- “Digital Storytelling – University of Wollongong – UOW.” UOW.Edu, www.uow.edu.au/student/learning-co-op/assessments/digital-storytelling. Accessed 28 Apr. 2022.
- Hagene, Eline. “Meet the First Robot Who Teaches a College Course.” FrontCore, 24 May 2020, frontcore.com/blog/meet-the-first-robot-who-teaches-a-college-course.
- Newton, Douglas. “Humanoid Robots as Teachers and a Proposed Code of Practice.” Frontiers, 2019, www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/feduc.2019.00125/full.
- “Pololu – Parallax Boe-Bot Robot Kit – Serial (with USB Adapter and Cable) #28132.” Pololu, www.pololu.com/product/1602. Accessed 28 Apr. 2022.
- “Why Use Humanoid Robots in the Education and Research Sector?” OEB.Global, 22 Nov. 2019, oeb.global/oeb-insights/why-use-humanoid-robots-in-the-education-research-sector.
Essential Tips on How to Write a Technology Essay
Technology is a rather broad topic, and as such, you have to narrow down a certain technology field you wish to write on. Regardless of the topic, you choose to explore, ensure it really interests you. However, stay away from something too problematical or innovative.
When it comes to writing an essay about technology, consider the following:
- Read your task carefully. The structure, style, and focus of the essay will vary depending on the essay type. In the case of the topic “Replacing Teachers with Techs,” a few common types of essays will include:
- The narrative essay will tell a story of a specific case when teachers were replaced with robots.
- The compare-and-contrast essay will analyze the similarities and differences between classes with teachers and technical devices.
- The argumentative essay will convince the reader why we should replace teachers with techs.
- Choose the topic you’d like to research. The niche includes the following subject areas: computer security and threats, engineering, data storage and manipulation, energy, web design and contemporary art, technology in construction and manufacturing, computer hardware, software, Internet, computer science, and information technology. Technology has a broad selection of topics, such as:
- What Is “Too Far” In Reproductive Technologies?
- Cryptocurrency: Is It Possible That Bitcoin Can Occupy Global Transactions?
- AI in Healthcare. Is It Ethical to Implement AI in Hospitals to Manage Patients’ Information?
- Potential Technology Change: Forecasts for the Next Twenty Years
- How Technologies Transform Relationships
- The Most Dangerous Technologies of Today
- Hidden Possibilities for Space Explorations
- Narrow down your topic. Technology has many broad issues that could be discussed in a college essay, but you’re supposed to write on something more specific. If, for instance, you choose to explore computer crimes, ensure to focus on a particular theme, such as online harassment, cyberterrorism, penalties for computer-related crimes, or anything else that might interest you.
- Find reputable tech sources on the topic. No matter what type of essay you develop, you have to support your claims with examples and evidence. To find one, you need to do some research. Head to your library or use online tech-based sources like Wired.com, TheNextWeb.com, TheVerge.com, DigitalTrends.com, and many others.
- Make notes as you do your research. Keep detailed notes about ideas or facts that interest you on individual note cards, or provide a text doc on your laptop to arrange them. Thus, you’ll be able to cite the information properly and save the sources.
- Structure your paper effectively to communicate your ideas and answer the question. Your essay on technology will start with an introduction. The opening part moves from a general concept to a more specific one. Let’s consider “The Ethical Controversies of Artificial Intelligence” as the topic assigned to you. In the intro, you open up with a brief orientation on Artificial Intelligence (introduce the topic area) with a broad, general opening sentence(s), provide the answer to the question with a thesis statement, and give a brief “road map” of your paper.
- Write the body. The middle part includes paragraphs, each serving as a building block in your argument’s construction. In the body, you answer the question by developing a focused discussion, show your grasp of the material you’ve researched and your knowledge of the subject, provide evidence to develop your argument, and give authoritative quotes together with relevant examples.
- In your conclusion, you have to move from specific to general. Restate the answer to the question. Sum up the main points. Provide the final statement to round off your paper. Go over future directions for research in the chosen area. The field of technology gives much room for further development or research of any issue you decide to write about.
- Use transition sentences. The text will flow better if you use smooth connections between paragraphs. Link each topic/paragraph to the one after/before with the words like “Subsequently,” “In addition,” “As a result,” “Similarly,” and “Therefore.”
- Read and re-research your essay to find obvious problems. If you spot excessive wordiness, illogical/unclear organization, grammar/style/spelling/formatting problems, or inappropriate language, fix it right away.
Technology is a multidisciplinary and rapidly changing field that, with thorough planning, is interesting and easy to come up with an original and insightful viewpoint for.