When one thinks of aviation, the first thing that often comes to their mind is seeing and perhaps using an airplane. Not many consider the efforts and the amount of learning that goes into making the aircraft safe enough for people to take them from one destination to another. Consider the engineers who have to study for long hours and practice as much as possible to not only design but also build the aircraft, to be involved in the production of different materials, details that go into the plane, and the pilots who go through training for many years to ensure they can operate such large machines.
Each of these individuals has prepared a term paper at some point in their academic life. If you are involved in the field of aviation or are considering or want to be a part of this sector, you will inevitably find yourself having to write such a paper too. Writing a high-quality aviation term paper is dependent on how well you understand the basics of academic writing. While you might have some guidance from your professors about the basics of writing the paper, it is essential to understand how to prepare aviation term papers, and this aviation term paper guide will highlight what you need to become an expert.
Pick a Suitable Topic for an Aviation Term Paper: Suggestions from Our Writers
One of the first areas where you might encounter the requirement to write an aviation term paper is likely at school. Your professor might not necessarily give you tasks that require in-depth research involving technical data or complicated calculations. You might have the choice to write a term paper on aviation or a related topic. At the very least, there are three critical things you should consider before writing:
- Pick an issue that is specific. Term papers are between five and seven pages which might not leave much opportunity for an extended discussion. You might not have a chance to cover too much information. At the same time, you need to find a topic that will allow you to cover it well without going over the word limit. It might be helpful to search for the topic on aviation-related websites. You could also think about particular areas that you might like to examine and narrow your options to an issue that is not only small but also manageable.
- Choose something that does not have many technical terms. For instance, you could choose to write about a particular airplane model. However, if you do not know much about engineering and math aspects that define aviation, it might not help to choose such a topic. It would be difficult to simplify something that you are unable to understand fully. At this stage, it is not possible that you are an expert in the aviation field or have the knowledge that would make you grasp complex technical details. If you chose such a topic, it is likely that the teacher would either be shocked or confused while grading your paper. He or she might not believe that you know how to build a turbine so choosing an advanced topic might be too difficult for you to carry out an adequate analysis.
- Try to stay away from topics that have been discussed many times before. If you wish to write about an aspect that many people have considered, do your best to avoid the obvious choices.
- Consult with your friends and other students to find out what they are writing about so that you do not end up writing on the same issue. For instance, you might find it interesting to write about the history of aviation. As exciting as it might seem, there are many papers written on this matter. It is likely that your teacher has gone through students who have done similar topics. Set aside some time to find a choice that would help you create a unique term paper and at the same time ensure the teacher is not bored enough that could cause you a failing grade.
The following sample topics might also give you an idea of which way to go when it comes to writing an aviation term paper:
Tired of all the guides and never-ending instructions?
- The Evolution of the Jet Engine;
- The Growth of Commercial Space Travel;
- History and Development of Airport Security;
- The Safety of Commercial Airlines;
- Current Status and Future of the Airline Industry;
- The State of the Airline Industry Following the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks.
As you can see, it is relatively easy to narrow down to a topic that you might like and take an interesting approach. The rules above will be helpful when deciding what to dedicate an aviation term paper to. They will enable you to come up with a unique piece of work thereby ensuring a top grade. Choosing the topic is only the first step. After picking a problem, you need to learn the best way to write it and the essential aspects to consider while analyzing and writing the term paper.
The 2 ‘Before-Writing’ Missions
As you begin writing the aviation term paper, it might be difficult to determine the best place to start. Even if you have clear prompts and a clear understanding of the material and numerous ideas, beginning a paper can present a significant challenge. The following strategies might help you get a better understanding of how to finally structure your paper:
- Brainstorming. Here, you would quickly write down each of your thoughts about the topic as fast as they appear to you. Think of your ideas as if they are a storm going around in your head, and you have to remove them. The writing does not have to be formal or organized at this stage. You can even use bullet points to write down your ideas because brainstorming often looks like a list as opposed to a recognizable piece of writing.
- Carry out some free writing. It will help you to answer some fundamental questions about the specific topic you want to discuss. In this case, think about the different problems you might give an answer to and the things you want to say about your issue. Free writing might provide you with an idea about the amount of research you will need to carry out. If you can answer a vast majority of the questions your research would pose, it might help you determine the type of information you could add to make your paper interesting. It is also important to consider the kinds of guidelines you have. You should also take notes about the additional actions you might have to take to ensure that the term paper meets the requirements.
These are the essential elements which you have to adopt if you want to prepare an aviation term paper that gets a high grade.
Learn to Effectively Structure an Aviation Term Paper
So you have your topic picked out, and you have a general idea about what you want to discuss. You must learn how to present the information in a logical way that will tell your professor and the people who will read your paper exactly what you want to say about the issue. It is critical that you structure everything in its proper section to ensure a flow of information, At its base, the term paper is made up of four parts: the introduction, literature review, discussion, the body, and conclusion.
- The Introduction. Here, you must state the topic you wish to investigate and present the overall context of the research. This part is the most critical moment of the work. Overall the introduction and the conclusion should tell the reader what your topic was about. The introduction is preceded by an abstract which provides an overview of the entire paper. This section should end with a thesis which tells the reader why they should be concerned about the problem, the scientific methods you will use, and the results.
- The literature review provides an opportunity to examine the information already posted about the problem. It is essential to be careful in this section because it is likely that your professor will look at it carefully to ensure that you have a firm understanding of the arguments you are presenting. Also, make sure to collect as much information as possible. This section is a journey that enables you to interact with a significant amount of reading.
- The discussion part of the paper presents you with the chance to outline what you have interpreted about the problem. Be honest and explain the data that you do not agree with and the different concepts that you think support your paper. This particular section helps to link practice and theory when writing the paper.
- In the paper’s body, emphasize the arguments that support your thesis statement. It is essential for this section to be logical which is why you must choose a simple topic. When writing this part, always consider your professor. Do not only record the most apparent causes and solutions. Take time to outline what you found out during the research and how it demonstrates your thesis statement.
- Finally, the conclusion is where you summarize the content and its purpose. Restate your thesis statement and provide a brief analysis of how it justifies your topic. In the end, you could present a question aimed at encouraging the reader to reflect on the subject.
The Great Power of an Outline
Writing a term paper without the necessary planning is impossible. During this planning process, you can write the draft. It will help you to determine which direction you want your term paper to go. Your method can be as simple as using a pencil and a notebook. During this section, you will come up with your first draft. Write as many drafts as possible to help you reach your goal – a quality paper. Your aim, in this case, is to create an excellent piece of work. Hence, practice until you feel right about it.
Post-Writing Stage: Evaluate Your Chances to Get an A+
Your journey towards writing a perfect term paper is almost over. You have chosen your topic and learned the steps to make it a logical piece of work. However, you need to think about a few details which, if ignored, might undermine the quality of the paper:
- Check the professor’s requirements. In an aviation term paper, the professor presents the outcomes he/she wants to be met in your work – page length and the type of format. It is essential to understand each of these outcomes before beginning the term paper.
- Show an understanding of the theories in the aviation field and use the right language to get solutions to the research question.
- Use high-quality sources. Before writing the paper, do some research and find sources that are peer-reviewed to prove your arguments. Ensure that you have a balance between books, credible Internet sources, and journal articles.
- Follow the expected writing format. For instance, if the professor requires you to apply APA to your paper, ensure that you have followed the latest version.
The Final Flourish – Proofreading
You will only be assured of the highest grade if you present an article with no errors. Engaging in this step after finishing the entire paper is essential. Proofreading occurs following some actions that will result in a proper term paper you can be confident in.
- Give some rest to the term paper before proofreading. This time will provide your mind with space it needs to absorb and understand the information. You might get the opportunity to examine the paper with a fresh perspective.
- Go through your work as many times as possible. It is almost sure that you will encounter many faults. They might be grammar, simple mistakes in spelling or facts.
- As you are doing the proofreading, focus on the structural challenges. Make sure that the thesis statement is logical and easy to understand and that the information provided supports this statement.
- Even if you do not see any serious problems, focus on aspects such as formatting and punctuation. Make sure to explain any technical terms. Never assume that the professor understands these concepts.
- Use academic language and remove any informal references as these can reduce the overall quality of the paper. You want to ensure that the paper you present to the professor is a masterpiece. Avoid using such contractions as it’s and won’t as they often bring down the quality of a term paper.
The information contained in this guide on how to write an aviation term paper will provide you with all the tools you need to present an excellent aviation term paper. Following it means saving yourself time surfing the Internet for a template on this type of writing. Using the aviation term paper tips will give you a significant advantage over other students and make your process of preparing the term paper more effective!